Monday, June 2, 2014

NaPro Surgery

One thing I appreciate about NaPro Technology is that the surgical techniques are geared toward preventing adhesions from returning.  I don't fully understand how this works, but I do get the idea that NaPro surgeons are focused on this aspect of treatment as opposed to general endometriosis excisions which simply aim to remove the lesions.  I'd love to research this further, from an actual source, not by second-hand internet sources.  But until then, I thought I'd share a graph I came across on the naprotechnology.com   website:




The advancement in the prevention of postoperative adhesions is credited to the use of Gore-Tex surgical membrane, which acts as a shield between tissues and prevents the formation of scar tissue.  I now have a permanent one!

No comments:

Post a Comment